Sun, Oct 22|
Safe Talk Suicide Prevention Training
Help save lives & help others
Time & Location
Oct 22, 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM CDT
Delafield, 612 Milwaukee St, Delafield, WI 53018, USA
Join U Matter Friendship Circle for SafeTALK Suicide Prevention Training at Well House 1900
Become a suicide-alert helper and save lives.
SafeTALK is a 4-hour training that prepares participants to become suicide-alert helpers. Individuals who deal with suicidal thoughts don’t usually want to die, and often give hints to people in their lives that they are formulating such thoughts. Without education, crucial players can miss subtle signals of need for help, which result in dangerous outcomes. Safe-TALK helpers are capable of recognizing such invitations and springing into action. The SafeTALK movement was established in 2006 and has since grown in over 20 countries worldwide.
Over the course of their training, SafeTALK participants will:
- Acquire the skills you need to identify and help a friend in need
- Get trained in suicide alertness skills.
- Learn to avoid the common tendency to miss, dismiss, and avoid suicide
- Learn to apply the TALK steps: Tell, Ask, Listen, and KeepSafe
- Become familiar with community resources and be able to connect someone with suicidal thoughts with necessary help
- Presentations and guidance from a LivingWorks registered trainer
- Access to support from local community resource personnel
- Powerful audio-visual learning aids
- Simple, yet effective TALK steps: Tell, Ask, Listen, and KeepSafe
- Hands-on skills practice and development
Training is for ages 15 and up.
Cost: $30. or $50. for Parent and child. No one will be turned away. Space is limited so register soon.